Course overviewIntroduction to Animal Care Certificate Level 1 糖心vlog会员
This one-year vocational course will introduce you to the Animal Care sector. It will help you develop skills to progress onto a subject-specific Level 1 course, a Level 2 course, an apprenticeship or employment.
You will complete a Level 1 BTEC Introductory in Land-Based Studies and develop your employability skills. You will also learn English and Maths at the right level for you.
Who is this course for?
This course is for school leavers aged 16-18.If you鈥檙e interested in working with animals, this course is an ideal stepping stone towards achieving your ambition.
What you'll learn
During this vocational course, you will:
- Complete a series of Animal Care assignments and learn about a wide range of animals that are housed in our dedicated centre.
- Learn how to organise yourself and develop a Personal Progression Plan.
- Develop your employability skills.
- Undertake volunteering or work experience.
How will I develop my English and Maths skills?
- If you already have a GCSE Grade 2 or 3 in English and Maths, or Level 1 Functional Skills, you鈥檒l be supported to achieve a higher grade of 4 or above.
- If you鈥檝e already achieved an entry-level Functional Skills qualification, you will progress to the next entry level or to Level 1 Functional Skills if you鈥檝e already achieved Entry Level 3
- If you don鈥檛 have any English or Maths qualifications, you will be individually assessed and placed at the best level for you to succeed. You can also book into Study Plus if you need extra support.
Course entry requirements
We will invite you to a course information meeting event where you will receive information, advice and guidance about the course you have applied for. This will be an opportunity for you to gain valuable information about the course and give you the opportunity to tour our excellent facilities and ask any questions you may have.
You will be asked to provide a copy of your last school report and/or a reference from an employer or relevant professional other. This is to ensure we can support you to be able to achieve well on the course.
You need 3 GCSEs at Grade 1 to Grade 3, including Maths and English, or a previous vocational qualification.
Some Level 1 qualifications in trade-based subjects may require a slightly higher entry requirement based on the specific content of the course.
Don’t have any formal qualifications? Don’t worry, let us know and we can assess you to ensure you will be able to achieve well on the course.
We are firmly committed to finding the right course for you to ensure you can flourish! Talk to us today if you have any concerns about the application process; we are here to help take you to the next level.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
This is a one-year, full-time course. You will be expected to attend college for three or four days a week.
During this course, you will be assessed in a variety of different ways to give you the best opportunity to demonstrate your skills throughout the year.
Future career and study opportunities
You could progress onto a Level 2 course, an apprenticeship or employment.
As a 糖心vlog会员 student, you may incur additional costs to attend your course. For example, it is likely you may need to pay for travel and stationery.聽
Many courses offer learning opportunities that you may need to pay for. This may include things like study visits and visiting speakers. We will let you know in advance if there will be additional costs.
If you are on a limited income, you may be able to receive help from our Learner Support Funding Bursary.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.